Locking Parcel Drop Box Free Standing Package Drop
- Free with order over $100.
Free ground shipping in the contiguous 48 United States for orders over $100.
Our large free standing package drop box is made of 18 gauge galvanized steel and has a durable power coated finish. This parcel drop box comes in two colors, black or gray. Optional vinyl lettering allows you to customize your drop box. The hopper style opening has a soft closing mechanism both elegant and silent. The durable cam lock allows for secure access to retrieve your packages and includes 2 keys. The hopper style parcel drop compartment is 4-1/2" x 11-7/8" x 13". When the door is opened to place the package in the hopper closes off access so your mail cannot be stolen or fished out. Once the door is closed the package is dropped into the secure locked compartment.
Parcel Drop Box Specifications:
- Overall Dimensions: 15-3/8" wide x 37-3/4" High x 11" Deep
- Drop Compartment: 4-1/2" x 11-7/8" x 13"
- Durable Cam Lock
- 2 keys included
- Anti-fishing soft close hopper door
- Powder coated finish
- Made of 18 gauge steel
- Optional vinyl lettering
This locking drop box easily mounts to and hard flat surface. Simply set in the exact spot you have, mark holes located in the bottom of the drop box, drill holes in surface and secure with bolts. An optional direct bury mount can be purchased with above option. The direct bury option is for mounting the drop box on soil, grass or other soft surface. Once buried you can mount the drop box to the top of the mount.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the direct burial mounting base required if an QALX800 Parcel drop box is mounted outside? The direct burial mounting base is only required if you don't have a small pad of concrete, sidewalk or other solid surface to mount the mailbox. The base can be direct buried in the ground and back filled with concrete or gravel. Then the mailbox can be mounted on top of the base.
- Is there anything else I should know about this drop box? They handle larger parcels with the hopper door mechanism. They make a great indoor key drop or security drop (such as at an airport, security check point, etc).
- What keeps someone from reaching in and taking the parcel out. This package drop box is equipped with a hopper style drop door. This is similar to the ones the USPS uses. When the parcel drop door is opened to accept the parcel, the hopper closes off the opening which keeps someone from reaching in. When the door is closed the package is dropped down into the locked cavity.
- How is this drop box mounted? If you are mounting this secure drop box to a hard flat surface such as concrete, asphalt, or a finished floor, no extra mounting options are needed. You simple set the drop box in the exact location, mark the area where you need to drill, remove the unit, drill and set bolts and secure the drop box. Mounting bolts are not included but can be found at most hardware stores.
If you are mounting this parcel drop box on an area such as grass, dirt, etc, you will need to add the optional mounting base (see option above). This base is set into the ground and then you secure the drop box to the top of the base. The mounting base can be back filled with gravel or cement.