Ground shipping in the contiguous 48 United States is just $9.95 per item.
Our Wall Mail Drop Slot works great for the office or home. This drop slot for the wall is constructed of 1/4” thick aluminum plate 20 gauge steel. The spring loaded mail flap door is adjustable to allow a narrow opening for a few envelopes to a full opening for larger items. This drop slot is made in the USA. A through the wall mail slot is a convenient way to allow customers or employees the ability to drop off small packages or envelopes without needing to come in the building or when you are closed for business. This mail slot comes in 5 color options: Sandstone, Aluminum, Brass, Bronze or Green.
Watch our video or scroll down for additional information.
This mail drop slot can be mounted in the wall horizontally or vertically. However, if placed vertically the optional receptacle will likely need additional support since it is designed to hang from a horizontal position. The overall dimensions are: 14" W x 7" H x 6" D. The mail slot opening is 11" W x 4" H. The rough opening is 12-1/4" W x 5-1/2" H. The chute which goes through the wall is 11-3/4" W x 5" H x 6-1/4" D, and angled at 25°. An optional mail slot receptacle keeps the mail secure and can be easily accessed by unlocking the door (see inset image below, click to enlarge).
See our full selection of Mail Slots for your door or wall.
The custom engraving option allows wording to be engraved into the door. Examples: MAIL, U.S.P.S., US MAIL, PAYMENTS, OUTGOING MAIL, LETTERS, KEYS, SUGGESTION BOX, OFFICE, RENT DROP, etc. As many as two lines with 14 characters accepted. Choose either black or white letters. The Optional mail drop slot for the wall is ideal for collecting documents and small packages and may be used for both USPS residential or commercial mail delivery. The US Postal Service will deivery to this drop slot, it works great as a commercial mail slot too.
Wall Mail Drop Slot Features:
- Dimensions: 14" W x 7" H x 6" D
- Mail slot opening: 11" W x 4" H
- Rough opening: 12-1/4" W x 5-1/2" H
- Chute is: 11-3/4" W x 5" H x 6-1/4" D chute angled at 25°
- 1/4" thick aluminum plate and 20 gauge steel
- Spring-loaded mail flap (adjustable)
- Color Options: Sandstone, Aluminum, Brass, Bronze or Green
- Weight: 10 lbs
- Made in the USA!
Optional receptacle catches incoming mail and comes with a lock and two keys. Dimensions are: 15" W x 19" H x 7-1/2" D, and the rear opening door is 12" W x 6" H. Made from heavy duty ¼" thick aluminum and weighs 20 lbs.
Q&A regarding the Locking Receptacle for the S2255 Wall Mail Drop Slot:
- The receptacle dimension drawing shows the 6” x 12” hole in the back of the box to receive the chute of the drop slot but it doesn't show the dimension from the top of the box to the top of the slot so I know where to set the box in relation to the chute. ANSWER: 1 inch
- How far does the chute from the wall drop project into the receptacle? It depends on how thick the wall is, if only four inch wall then the remaining chute will slide into the receptacle. ANSWER: The total chute length is 5.75 inches, so that would leave you with 1.75 inches. A five inch wall would leave you with .75 or 3/4".
- How does the receptacle fasten to the wall? ANSWER: There are pre-drilled holes, so it just screw it to the wall.
- Can the locked receptacle door swing be hinged on either side? ANSWER: No, only one side. (rt side if facing the door)
- If not when looking at the locked receptacle which side is the hinge on? ANSWER: When opening the door, i.e. when facing the door, the hinge is on the right, lock on the left.