Free ground shipping in the contiguous 48 United States for orders over $100. Typically ships same business day when ordered before 2 PM EST.
This through the door drop box is designed for small items to be deposited through the door and into a secure receptacle. Only small items can be deposited into this drop box. Items such as keys, cash, personal checks and water bill sized envelopes will easily be accepted. Full sized business envelopes or manila envelopes will not fit. The receptacle has a keypad lock which allows you to type in your personal code to access the the door. This payment through the door drop box should not be installed in direct weather.
The key pad has a super slim design and works on 3 included AAA batteries which are kept secure in the interior of the drop box receptacle. If the batteries fail you can quickly and easily override the batteries using a standard 9 volt battery. The key pad is easy to program and accepts your personal code of 1 to 9 digits. The unit automatically locks when the door is shut.
An interior and exterior cover plate are included. The cover plates will help hide your cut marks on both the outside of your door and the inside. A steel saw toothed anti-phishing device is included at the bottom of the hopper door. This helps prevent phishing. When a wire or string is dropped down it will go in between the teeth and when pulled out the teeth will knock it back down. This item is NOT designed for USPS mail delivery. It will only accept small items.
Installing requires cutting a rectangular hole in the door. We strongly suggest waiting for the drop box to arrive before making in cuts in your door. Using the cover plate as a template is the best method for marking the door before cutting. Make sure the cover plate is level and square before marking the door.
Drop Box Specifications:
- Lighted keypad
- Super slim design
- Anti-phishing teeth
- Hopper style drop door
- Easy to program keypad from 1 to 9 digits long personal code
- Included batteries are located inside the drop box (3 x AAA)
- Overriding the power from the outside is achieved by using a 9V battery
- Lock will automatically lock when door is shut
- Includes both interior and exterior cover plates
- Exterior Dimensions: 10” (W) x 15” (H) x 4-1/4” (D)
- Door Opening: 7-1/8” (W) x 6-1/4” (H)
- Drop Slot Hopper Opening: 7-3/8” (W) x 1-3/8” (H) (7/8" drop clearance)
- Door Thickness: 1/8"
- Weight approx: 16 lbs.
Please note, this drop box is NOT for larger envelopes, manila envelopes, magazines, or even a number 10 envelope.
What's in the box? Your order will include the through the door drop box with lock and 2 keys. 4 wood screw bolts to secure the drop box to the door. Two cover plates, one interior and one exterior.
What will you need? You will need a saw (jig saw or reciprocating), a drill, extra screws to secure the cover plates, a small level, a pencil, protective eye wear, and a screw driver. You may want to use some adhesive caulk to secure the cover plates.
How to install? Please note, a solid core wooden door or steel door is the best option for this application. You cannot install this drop box in a glass door.
- Determine where on your door you want the opening. Using the full cover plate as a template to make the size of hole you will need to cut, place the cover plate on the door using the level to make sure you are straight mark the door. Make sure you mark using the inside of the cover plate not the out side.
- Using the drill with a bit, drill in the inside corners of the marked area, this will allow the saw blade to have access to cut out the slot. Place the saw blade in the drill hole and slowly cut out the hole. Once the hole is cut, remove the wood or steel and insert the neck of the drop box.
- Place several items under the drop box, or have someone hold it in place while you secure the drop box to the door. Pre-drilled holes are accessed by opening the retrieval door.
- Place the cover plates over the drop box neck, both exterior and interior, secure with adhesive caulk or screws (not provided).
Any questions, please contact us: email@example.com or 817-602-8372