- Made of sturdy 16 gauge galvanized steel
- Rear locking access door standard; front access door also available
- Secure posi-lock on rear access door resists pry attacks
- Commercial grade powder coat finish resists rust
- Security Drop Door (hopper door)
- Available colors: black, white, gray, sand and copper vein
- Stainless steel hinges
- Electrical knock outs for underground feeds
- Meets U.S. Postal Service standards
- Includes 10” high steel mounting pedestal
- Optional plastic collection bin available
Deposit Vault with Pedestal Specifications
- Dimensions—19” W x 52” H x 19” D
- Maximum Package Size Dimensions: 16.9" W x 9.25" H x 12" D
- Weight 115 Lbs.
- Package Capacity Extra Large
DVCS0030 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS DEPOSIT VAULT WITH PEDESTAL:
Tools and/or Materials Required:
- 5, 3/8” X 2” Lag Screws with anchors
- 20” Square flat, hard level surface, such as concrete.
- ½ inch open/box end wrench or socket set.
- Other tools/materials may also be necessary depending upon actual installation.
General Installation Requirements: If used to accept USPS mail you are required to contact the local Post Office before installing the mailbox to insure its correct placement and height at the street. If installing for FedEx or UPS deliveries we suggest contacting your local UPS or FedEx rep for guidance in proper placement of this drop box Typically drop boxes are installed at a height of 41 to 45 inches from the road surface to the location the mail is dropped or deposited. You should set the drop box back 6 – 8 inches from front face of curb or road edge.
It is recommended that unit(s) are anchored to a flat, level and solid surface, such as concrete (at least 20”W x 20”D x 3”H).
If pouring your own concrete, properly prepare site, mix concrete according to manufacturer's specifications and make the appropriate accommodations for concrete anchor nuts and underground feed for electrical wiring/conduit, if any. After concrete is fully cured, open access door of unit and remove false bottom. Install 5 lag screws (5, 3/8” x 2”) to anchor the unit to the concrete pad. Reinstall false bottom, close and lock access door. If veneering the unit with brick, stone or other decorative materials, properly prepare all contact surfaces and use manufacturer recommended adhesives.
Surface preparation may include lightly sanding contact surfaces only until the shine has become dull or prepare a scratch-coat (contact your materials supplier for proper surface preparation).
NOTE: Do not veneer security-drop/access doors or alter the weight of the door mechanism in any way. Doing so will cause the door mechanisms to malfunction. IT IS IMPORTANT TO CONSULT WITH LICENSED PROFESSIONALS INCLUDING: ELECTRICIANS WHENEVER WORKING WITH OR INSTALLING UNDERGROUND FEEDS, LAMPS, LAMPPOSTS OR ANY OTHER ELECTRICAL HARDWARE, AND LICENSED CONTRACTORS FOR VENEERING, FRAMING AND/OR OTHER INSTALLATIONS. IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT IT IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF MAIL CARRIERS TO OPEN MAILBOXES THAT ARE LOCKED, ACCEPT KEYS FOR THIS PURPOSE, OR LOCK MAILBOXES AFTER DELIVERY OF MAIL.