Free ground shipping in the contiguous 48 United States for orders over $100.
Extra Large Free Standing Parcel Drop Box is made of galvanized steel and has a durable power coated finish. This drop box comes in two colors, black or gray. The hopper style opening has a soft closing mechanism both elegant and silent. The heavy duty cam lock allows for secure access to retrieve your packages. The hopper style parcel drop compartment is 4-1/2" x 11-7/8" x 13".
Parcel Drop Box Features & Specifications:
- Overall Dimensions: 15-3/8" wide x 44-1/2" High x 11" Deep
- Drop Compartment: 4-1/2" x 11-7/8" x 13"
- Strong Cam Lock
- Includes 2 keys
- Anti-fishing soft close hopper door
- Durable powder coated finish
- Made of 18 gauge steel
This locking drop box easily mounts to and hard flat surface. Simply set in the exact spot you have, mark holes located in the bottom of the drop box, drill holes in surface and secure with bolts. An optional direct bury mount can be purchased with above option. The direct bury option is for mounting the drop box on soil, grass or other soft surface. Once buried you can mount the drop box to the top of the mount.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the direct burial mounting base required if an QALX810 Parcel drop box is mounted outside? The direct burial mounting base is only required if you don't have a small pad of concrete, sidewalk or other solid surface to mount the mailbox. The base can be direct buried in the ground and back filled with concrete or gravel. Then the mailbox can be mounted on top of the base.
- Is there anything else I should know about this drop box? They handle larger parcels with the hopper door mechanism. They make a great indoor key drop or security drop (such as at an airport, security check point, etc).
- What keeps someone from reaching in and taking the parcel out. This package drop box is equipped with a hopper style drop door. This is similar to the ones the USPS uses. When the parcel drop door is opened to accept the parcel, the hopper closes off the opening which keeps someone from reaching in. When the door is closed the package is dropped down into the locked cavity.